Role: Programme Manager
Post: Programme Manager
Reporting to: Creative Director
Dates: 1/3/2019 to 29/2/2020
Location: The Chocolate Factory, 26 Kings Inn Street, Dublin 1, Ireland
Contract: 1-Year Fixed Term Full Time
Closing date: 21st February, 2019 @ 5pm (GMT)
Application: Please send CV (in PDF) + Cover Letter to email@example.com
Homegrown in Dublin, Ireland, The Festival of Curiosity is an annual international festival of science, art, design & technology. From Playful Days (family programme) to Curious Nights (adult programme) we create, produce & curate a cultural feast of unique, visual and interactive experiences in Dublin that merge cutting-edge technology, design, arts and science in playful, immersive & curious ways.
The Programme Manager will be a senior member of the festival team that will:
- Support the delivery and development of all festival events, programme strands, and festival residency programmes
- Assist in the research of new event concepts, formats and programme strands while working closely with the festival production manager to help bring event concepts and programme strands to life.
- Liaise and engage a wide range of stakeholders including venues, cultural partners, speakers and artists as needed to ensure delivery of projects.
- Coordinate with prospective and confirmed artists on technical and presentation requirements for all events, and develop overall programme schedules and artist itineraries.
- Manage travel, accommodation and general logistic information and provision for festival artists and speakers.
- Coordinate open calls, workshops, spaces, access, tools, and equipment for the festival residency programmes.
- Work as part of a team in implementing the online marketing and communications strategy including social media, festival website and newsletter.
- Coordinate the online festival programme calendar and ticketing systems.
- Document and report on any activities as needed.
- Management support as required.
- Administrative support as required.
- This may include attending events outside of work hours and occasional travel.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic team player with a passion for multidisciplinary events that bring science, arts, design, and technology together for all ages.
- At least 4+ years experience in programme management and event coordination in a relevant industry including the cultural sector, live events, festivals, media production and communications.
- A person with solid production planning, project management and event management experience with the ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience in executing multiple events in tandem in a fast-paced environment, on time and within budget while ensuring high production values across multiple programmes and strands.
- Possess solid aesthetic sensibilities and storytelling skills for a wide variety of ages, audiences and content themes. Experience working with family events and also events for adults.
- Experience in online communications including social media management, blogs, website updates and online newsletters.
- Ability to work independently as part of a small team.
- Capacity for some weekend/evening work and occasional travel.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and flexible work environment.
How to apply
Please submit a CV (in PDF) and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on February 21st, 2019.